Various treatment options are available. For example, we can offer the following treatments for marble:
Restoration or renovation: water sanding using diamond discs to smooth the surface, water polishing using diamond discs in varying grit sizes, sanding of edges using power tools, refilling of holes and cracks if necessary, in the same colour as the stone.
Various finishing options: matte, satin, gloss and gloss polish or satin polish, application of a gloss or satin polishing powder to achieve the look you want. When a matt finish is used for marble, the stone remains in a raw state. A water-repellent and oil-repellent treatment will need to be applied to prevent any premature deterioration in the appearance of the stone.
• Staircases: sanding using power tools to produce a variety of finishes. It is also possible to create anti-slip treads by roughening the surface or using an anti-slip, coloured resin.
• Worktops in kitchens and bathrooms, sideboards: sanding using power tools to produce a variety of finishes and application of a water-repellent and oil-repellent treatment that will protect the surface from water, oil and grease and will prevent staining and the appearance of dirty marks.
• Bathrooms: a water-repellent treatment that will stop water from getting into the stone and protect it by adding a waterproof coating.
• Shower trays: restoration using chemical treatment to remove all impurities in the stone, sanding (if necessary) and water- and oil-repellent treatment. Option to create anti-slip strips by roughening the surface.
• Maintenance: crystallisation using a steel wool disc or application of a gloss polishing powder.